Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hold on Sephora.

I've just placed an order for Make Up Forever's HD power from Sephora (via Zalora),
its. S$69. Seriously? I already own one but I never pay full price for my make up, because I'm super lucky to have either friends in Sephora or in DFS, so on average I get about 20% off, with the exception of certain brands.

At S$69, tbh, I'm kinda shocked. It's a lot for a powder. I got it anyway, because I have vouchers.

On the US Sephora site its at, $34 converted: $46. Thats... like a third more expensive.

Then I started looking for Luna, by Sunday Riley, which I've heard so much about and want to get. I found it on a British website for £85. Thats.. roughtly S$180.
On the US site for Sephora its at $105 converted: S$145



why is the difference so high?! 


I might just go to Sephora, pick out what I want, save up and bulk order from the Sephora site in the US (which doesn't ship to Singapore) and have it couriered from the US to Singapore, my shipping might cost me $50 USD, but I would have already saved that within 3 products!

This wasn't to deter buying from Sephora SG, but more of do research and see which method works out best for you :D

Meanwhile I'll go raid the Sephora site (US of course)

Do you think its normal we are paying a third more than our friends in the US?


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment